Thursday, June 14, 2007

Black Mayonaise

No, this isn't the name of some new (or should I say reallllllly old and ripe) Japanese delicacy that I find disgusting. This is the name of a Japanese 漫才 (Manzai - or comedy duo) team. I tried to find a video of theirs with English subtitles, but couldn't. These guys are pretty funny. This particular joke-discussion is based on te fact that the dude on the right is 32, and has a new girlfriend who is 18 (sound like anone you know? ) He is really stressing out and is trying to figure out what to TALK about with her or DO with her what wont make him seem old....

This information interests you the most because, well, its a long story.

I got an call the other day from the bass player in the band that I have now apparently inherited (see previous entry).
On Monday, I got a call from Kazu and he told me to send me a picture of myself. I had no idea what it was for so I sent him this picture...

I really didn't know what it was for, so I thought it was maybe for the website which still has the old singer on there.
The next day, Kazumasa sent me an email with Japanese that was kinda broken, so it was a little hard to understand.
What I understood was:
"It hasn't fully been decided yet but, can you get up early Friday morning?"
" Oronamin Commercial"
" Black Mayonaise"
and "perform together"

I was like, huh? The band might perform with these guys? And he said, no, just YOU.

So, I will apparently meet and record something like a drink commercial with these guys for Japanese TV.
I think. Not really sure, but I'm gonna wear a band t-shirt just in case I can sneak in some kind of self promotion...

The biggest problem is, it will take me an hour (plus some) to get to the TV station, and I gotta be there at EIGHT IN THE FUCKING MORNING!!!! Lately I have been going to sleep at five AM, and it's almost two AM now so I guess I better start getting my sleep schedule adjusted...

I'll keep you informed,
Ta ta
Erich von Meatleg

PS - If you want a sneak preview of the new site I am building, click here. the oceanboom.com 2.0 will have a new blog engine and photo gallery display so it will be faster to post articles and it will look better. OH, and my friend NAO (from Dever/Tokyo, see the previous previous entry) built me a nice flash player so you can hear music from some Japanese bands.

No comments: